Tuesday 13 February 2018

From IainW: More WW2 soviets (160 points)


Here are some more WW2 soviets, just not at the last minute for a change!


First up is a junior officer,cunningly posed in what I assume is his inspiration. 




Followed by a commissar and the first flag for this army, I'll be adding a female commissar with a red flag as a tank rider, reminding me of the 1950s soviet film the commissar which is like a black and white spaghetti western, if you can imagine Clint Eastwood as a female, communist , pregnant commissar, but I digress, next up some infantry 





The first four are warlord games, in the next four the first chap is black tree design and the rest warlord games and the last four are PSC. 




Flamethrower team, warlord games. 




Spotter 




2"mortar team 




Ant tank gun team (PSC bodies and warlord heads )




Black tree design maxim team with PSC maxim 




76.2mm gun /howitzer 









SU76 






T34/85, I was given this tank by Lee a fellow blogger (a figure painting therapy project ) who wouldn't even let me pay postage luckily he's also doing an english civil war project and needed a copy of George Gush WRG rules so I was able to give him my copy as I can't see me playing it again! Unless I've mentioned it , the models are mostly warlord games. Here they are all together .




I think that this adds up to 135 points? There are more reds on the way, I hope to finish up the rest of the soviets in the next couple of weeks and then crack on with some more renaissance figures. 

All the best Iain 

----------------------------------------------------- 

Fantastic work, Iain - and many apologies for being delayed posting these a day late owing to some work and travel related issues yesterday.  These are a great addition to your burgeoning Soviet army, and both the quantity and quality are showing no signs of abating!  

I love the rugged winter weathering on the vehicles, coupled with the wonderful Soviet standard, and the flecks of freezing Russian snow drifting onto the troops' bases.  Really great work.

I make your points a little higher - with 30 for the tanks (15 points each) and 130 for the infantry and tank crews, this will increase your total by a wonderful, Stalinist 160 points, Comrade!







14 comments:

  1. Very nice Iain - iconic "leaders" and great snow effects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Iain, great weathering

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Iain! I always find soviets to be rather daunting to paint due to their usually quite big number.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick, yes only part of the way through the human wave!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  4. Iain, you're hitting it out of the park with this new foray into WWII. Great work! I especially like the Commissar and the SU76. I think you may have found another period for your skills with the brush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt, I'm enjoying it I have to admit even if the basing takes a while! The SU76 is a really nice resin model, even if the crew are a bit fiddly to fit!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Christopher, that's very kind of you!
      Best Iain

      Delete