Tuesday 13 February 2018

From: BrettM - Walking Dead part 2 (185 points)


Last of the minis from the Walking Dead kickstarter painted up!


No clue who any of these characters are except Michonne and the Governor. Then again I haven't caught the Walking Dead on TV for several seasons now. Looks like the comics were really fleshed out more in regards to characters. Need to read them already and stop talking about them.


 Close up of the Survivors


Did just the usual base colors with a wash. Again I think they turned out pretty good for being to me just board game miniatures. Not the best sculpts nor the most detailed which made them easy to paint up.

Now for the Zombies!!


Again kept it simple with the zombies. Didn't go for any hardcore blood effects. Painted the skin a different color but used same flesh wash on them. Apparently that zombie in the back left is walking away


There are small tears in their clothes that I take as wounds so I painted them red. I also painted the bases of all the zombies red so a quick look while playing you can see what you are dealing with. 


I kept the basing job on all these pretty simple as well. Just grass and some rocks. Also had no clue how to paint zombie flesh any other color except for white. Everything I tried just turned out to look to normal not zombie like. Have to admit didn't spend to much time testing though.

I count 36 minis unless we are going to count the two little kids on one stand as 2 minis. So if sticking to 36 should be at a point total of 180 points. Think that 1000 point mark might have been a bit ambitious this year. Who knew having an 1.5 year old would take up so much time?!?!

Wow Brett, great entry today! Even if they are "but" boardgame miniatures you've done a great job. I haven't  read the comics either but that should not matter much if you've had fun painting these and it sure looks like it. I do like your zombies, they look great! Anyway, I'll not haggle with you and will count the children as separate figures so 185 points it is. I have a 1,5 year old as well and yes they can be a handful, but you wouldn't  want to miss them right ;-)

8 comments:

  1. Great entry the figures look awesome, I haven't played this game but it sure looks fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bunch of survivors and zombies!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice painting. Great looking sculpts as well who ever did these. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Brett! I like the tubby fellow with the automatic.

    ReplyDelete