Tuesday 16 January 2018

From EricM - More WWII Germans (300 points)

Its more Germans for me this week.   Thanks for all the advice you guys gave me on my post last week.  Your advice was very helpful and the references you pointed me to were outstanding.  Thanks again!

To answer a few questions that came up.  I am planning on using these guys for Bolt Action and Chain of Command.  The main reason for the foray in to WWII is to try to pull some of the local Warhammer 40K gamers to the true faith, historical wargaming. My guess is the Bolt Action dice mechanic for activating troops would appeal to them.    But before I can give it a shot I need to get some more troops done.

Originally I had planned to paint American and Germans for Italy but it looks like the Germans I have may be too late war for that.  I may come back to the Italy campaign since its so diverse and interesting but for now I am going to forge ahead with generic troops.

This week I was able to complete 4 large squads, some support weapons and an officer with radio operator.

The first two squads are from Artisan.  Nice figures with good detail and easy to paint.  There are some small proportion issues but nothing major.



The next two squads are from Warlord games.   I should start by saying I am not a fan of plastics but these are really pretty nice.  There were some assembly issues, but I'm sure that was user error.  Its been a long time since I have put together plastic models.



The last subgroup are some two man support groups of LMG and a Panzerschreck..  All of these figures are by Artisan.



Last but not least is the Hauptmann and his radio operator. These are also by Artisan


Here is a group photo for the week.  Next week moving on to the GI's


60-28mm Germans should be 300 points.

Gosh Eric, I wish I had the time to paint 60 miniatures within a week and so well at that! This truly has turned into a labour of love it seems as you have done miracles on these mini's. The basing is very nice and ties the figures together. A whopping 300 points will be added to your tally tonight. 

10 comments:

  1. Lovely work Eric!

    I love the Artizan range. As you say, they are great fun to paint. I really like your camo treatment of the first batch.

    Just as an FYI, the Allies and Germans were fighting in Italy right to the end of the war, so you could definitely use these figures for that campaign if you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Eric, that is a huge lot of Germans painted very well! I'll echo Curt in the campaign lasted for quite some time.
    I pulled a similar stunt to pull friends into historical gaming. I used Sgt Rock and the Haunted Tank while my cousin painted up Germans with Helboy villains. Mostly WW2 with a small splash of weird. Still haven't played muskets and Mohawks yet though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some more great painting! You‘ve taken well to the whole WW2 thing. I‘m sure it won’t take long and you‘ll be able to field a force for each major combatant ;-)
    One small niggle though: I‘m pretty convinced the metals are no Artizan miniatures but the old and now sadly discontinued original Bolt Action Germans sculpted by Paul Hicks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow 60 28s in a week, and well painted ones too! I'll second Curts comment that Italy went right to VE Day, so they can't be too late war.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Eric, and wow, what a points bombardment - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely group of ww2 Germans, really nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete