Monday 6 March 2017

From DaveD - 10mm Kettledrummer conversions (4 points)

I forgot I had completed these a few weeks ago and had not photographed them. So here is a very small entry. These are two Napoleonic kettle drummers for my friend Gerrys mad collection (The Situation Room blog). He asked to could i do some conversion work involving swapping the heads from the cast version which has mamaluke type headress ,  to make some specific ones for a Dragoon and Grenadier a Cheval one. So armed with the magnifying light , minidrill and a small soldering iron i was able to swap out the heads and paint them up. They are now ready to add to his 40,000+ figure collection...everytime I think I am mad ... I know that I know someone who has it worse!


 They are 10mm Pendraken Miniatures


work has started on the new man cave - off to do more clearance work!

MilesR - A very nice submission - any chance for some pictures of the new man cave as it comes together?  The posts about your Sudanese game was inspiring.

11 comments:

  1. Did Dave drop a few zeros? Nice looking little fellows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call that a submission. I made more swarf last week. Swarf not as well painted though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, wonderful kettledrummers Dave AND converted in 10mm no less! Absolutely fantastic. They remind me of a marvelous French cuirassier band that I have nestled in my display cabinet... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... yes I fear that is where Gerrys next request will go a full band!

      Delete
  4. Lovely teeny tiny kettle drummers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely converted and painted Dave, but where are the camels? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am sure Gerry will eventually do Napoleon in Egypt!

      Delete
  6. I don't even want to think about using a soldering iron on 10 mil troops. Very nice work Dave.

    ReplyDelete