Tuesday 28 February 2017

From JohnSh - Nine Archers - Not a Bomb but a restart (45 points)

This week I managed to finish nine Norman(ish) archers for my Saga warband. Life has been rearing its ugly head this last month or so and I have not had a chance to put paint on a brush until last weekend.

I have painted these figures to an "acceptable wargames standard" which is the current limit of my time and ability. To be perfectly honest I'm not really a fan of these miniatures, I don't even know what brand they are, they came as part of a large trade I did about a year ago but my Normans need archers so they entered the queue. Having said that, I am quite happy that they will add another option to my Saga force, and occasionally do a bit of duty in Swordpoint, Lion rampant and Dragon rampant armies.

This is a restart to the Challenge for me (I know, I know, only three weeks to go!) as I almost thought that I would have to withdraw but I am very happy to be able to submit some more figures. I just need to have the next three weeks off work, put on a few pots of coffee and paint, paint, paint!


They are a little bit shiny as I had to use brush on varnish. the Sydney humidity has precluded the use of spray varnish - except for those fans of frosty figures.

Alan and Paul: Great to see you getting some paint on some figures! I know you've been facing some obstacles, so I was delighted to see these in the queue. They look fine to me, and I predict they will massacre many of my figures in due course. Paul will probably use them as proxy FIW redcoats against me at some point as well. :)

10 comments:

  1. Nice! Great to see you get some time to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done John, and glad you are getting some painting time and momentum going again - it's never too late!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Useful archers, good that they will have a role in a number of different systems too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel John, but let's hope these splendid chaps get your motor running properly again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking archers John. Glad to see you back in the saddle. Now, ride hard to the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For being filler and disliked, you have done a bang-up job on them, John! Now that this "chore" is completed, let's see what coffee, paint, repeat has in store! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking archers John, I've painted a few of these in my time!

    ReplyDelete