Tuesday 3 January 2017

From Barks- Prepare your troops for a surface attack! (102 Points)

Greetings, challengers! I feel a little bit slow off the starting blocks, but here is my first post, and a harbinger of more to come.

These are boardgame pieces for Fantasy Flight Games' Star Wars: Rebellion, which I hope to play once I have painted it all! A good project for the challenge.
Four AT-ATs. I added the bases, which are matt black to the human eye!
Ten AT-STs
Thirty Stormtroopers
A mix of scales- I throw myself on the mercy of the minions to calculate points! The AT-AT is about 30mm tall (1:700ish), the AT-STs a tad over 20mm (1:500ish), and the troopers about 15mm.

The bases (triangular/ circular/ square) have symbolic value within the game.

The walkers were undercoated grey, washed black, and drybrushed up again using white as the final colour. The troopers were undercoated white, washed black, heavily drybrushed white, then stronger highlights were added in white.
"Echo Station 3-T-8. We have spotted Imperial walkers."
The Force is Strong with this first entry Barks!  A great force to menace any Rebel scum in your path. Don't worry about the slow start, we all know that the Imperials didn't well until Hoth anyway :-)

Thats netted you a total 102 points for your Imperial Sector - 60 for the Stormtroopers (15mm infantry) and we costed up the AT-ATs and AT-STs as 10mm vehicles.  "Pray we don't alter the deal any further..."

Paul & Alan

49 comments:

  1. These look great even if they "aren't the miniatures I am looking for..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am one with the Force and the Force is with me! Have to resist!" dang, these are nice but no I will not be buying this game on top of all other SW stuff I have, no matter how awe-inspiring your work might be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great but I still think the walkers are a stupid design! Just saw a Rogue One at the IMAX and yours look every bit the part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice painting. Always nice to feel the dark side rising!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work, Barks. Unlike Peter, I like the walkers even though their design doesn't really make sense. The Stormtroopers are my favourites thought. Their armour looks spot-on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH I like em plenty, but the Empire could serious get better designers!

      Delete
    2. Like a film director/producer, once they hit the big time and have matching budgets the thinking and common sense goes out the windows to be replaced by flashy stuff that rarely works in practice. I'm looking at YOU Mr Ridley Scott...

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Curt. I was happy with how the troopers came out.

      Delete
  6. Great work Barks - the walkers are beauties, and the stormtroopers are excellent. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a sobering thought that the AT-ATs first made their appearance over 35 years ago, but they remain a firm favourite (despite the fact that they can be taken down with a well-placed banana peel).

    Great work on the dinos, chickens, and the Couldn't-Hit-The-Side-of-the-Death-Star Boys!
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job, Barks!
    The storm troopers are looking really cool all massed up and the walkers are also spot on for Imperial wargear. I have finally got Imperial Assualt and will resist this game though...my wife actually bought me three boosters for IA!
    I'll just paint quietly in the basement and enjoy what I have! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done, Dave's wife! Have fun painting IA!

      Delete
  9. Cracking first entry, love them

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ian, good to be out of the starting blocks.

      Delete
  10. Great stuff Barks. Looking forward to the next instalment mate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! Great stuff. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Smashing work, always nice to see your star wars stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well these are cool and speak to the inner Star Wars in many of us!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done Barks, these look spot on. Like others, I am a little conflicted about the AT-AT design. Why have something so fragile with such an elevated profile, vulnerable to every king of weapon known to man and alien - ATGMs, air attack, lassos, banana peels ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to mention how you get in and out. But they look awesome, Padre!

      Delete
  15. Painted board game bits, gotta love it. Hmm can see some of these in a Rouge One vs X-wing style game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I feel the need to do a tiny Hoth, they'll be there!

      Delete