Friday 23 December 2016

From SteveB: First Week (45 Points)

I finally joined the challenge this year. I've been wanting to join for the last few but never got around to it.

My goal is to get some of the model that have been collecting dust on my shelf done. This also include some half finished projects( I know they don't count, but gives me an incentive to get done).

First day I managed to get 3 tripods from 'All quiet on the Martian Front' done. Not sure how to score these I think they are 20 mm so about 12pts each (36pts total).



These were very fun to paint. Got to try out some candied red to add some color. Tried some OSL red ( not happy with). Also got to use some Vallejo air metals, ( very nice, smooth coverage).




The last couple of days I managed to get lot done on some guard vehicles, just putting the finishing touches on them, should have them done by Monday or tuesday as well some progress on my Necromunda gang.

For the rest of the challenge I have my shaven blood bowl team I would like to do, as well a lot of batman miniature game figs to do.

Best of luck to everyone.


______________________________

Great work Steve and welcome aboard! 

Those Tripods look terrific. I particularly like the airbrushed steel, and the red crest you put on them is quite sharp. Design-wise, I've always thought their Tripods look like ballet dancers walking 'en pointe' and their heads look like they should be the other way around - but that's just me. 

I quite like how those how those Chimeras are coming along but your 'shaven blood bowl' sounds painful. :p

45 points for you!

20 comments:

  1. Great stuff Steve - welcome aboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suppose to say skaven blood bowl. Stupid auto correct

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff love those tripod miniatures. It's a game I have been looking at with interest for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tripods nailed it. Top work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, great job with the metal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My lips are salivating at the thought of some Necromunda.

    Martian walkers look good. There is a guy at my club that paints these quite badly so it is a joy to see what they could have been like IF he painted them as well as you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome aboard Steve! Great first post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the metal effects you have got going, welcome to the party looking forward to seeing more of your work here

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Martian Tripods are iconic indeed, the chimeras also look the part well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome along. Great looking tripods

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking Martians, very nice metal effect.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice! The metal is dead sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "The chances of anything come from Mars, are a million to one, he said.
    The chances of anything coming from Mars, are a million to one, but still, they come .. and so well painted!" With apologies to Jeff Wayne.
    Lovely tripods, excellent results.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The tripods are very fine, Steve, but I really like how the chimeras are coming along, even if faithless renegades are driving them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terrific tripods Steve and nice tanks as well. welcome to the Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am tempted to pick up a few tripods- you're not helping!

    ReplyDelete