Monday 28 March 2016

You Are Invited to Select Your 'Choice of the Challenge'


Hello everyone! 

First, thank you for forwarding me your nominations for the 'Choice of the Challenge'. The gallery can be found on the Bonus Theme page

Yes, I've done a bit of re-branding from our previous 'Challenger's Choice' and 'People's Choice' awards in order to streamline the process and make its administration a little easier.


I have organized the nominations first by Challenger name, then as
- individual titled submission, or

- if they received nominations for more than one submission (but not their whole body of work) I have listed them as 'Selected Work', or 

- if they have been nominated for their entire 'Body of Work' I have organized all their nominations under that single heading.


As in previous rounds you can vote for as many candidates as you like, just visit the right-hand navigation bar, or go to the following this link here. Remember that you don't have to be a member of the Challenge to vote for your favourites - we love hearing from all our visitors.

I will give awards for the top three Challengers (excluding myself, of course) next Sunday along with the other prizes.


Finally, I wish to say that I really had a great time putting all this together - I think it provides a wonderful retrospective of this year's Challenge. I hope you enjoy it as well.  

Curt

18 comments:

  1. There is some stunning work on display and making choices will be difficult. It's a good thing there is no limit to how many we can vote for.

    Great idea to do it this way Curt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn,, some great stuff there.

    Pleased you got the separate survey.link too.. As the widget one never works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ufff! Agree with Anne, almost impossible to decide one

    ReplyDelete
  4. All are great entries, during the whole challenge! I've been enjoying it from start to finish. I'm Always surprised that you girls and boys can paint so much in so little time. And then I'm not even speaking of the quality of the paintwork. Most of it is outstanding. A level I will never reach! You are all winners!
    Congrats to all of you and to Curt for organising this "madness"! :-D

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter for those very kind words. You must kick in with us next time!

      Delete
    2. Maybe? One of the rules is holding me back. The one about basing. Most of the time I paint my figures but I don't base them. That's because I want to use them later for making diorama's.
      Maybe when I paint them and can place them on a diorama directly I could join next time. Well I have some months to think it over and make a decision. I let you know then.

      Greetings
      Peter

      Delete
    3. Sure, give it some thought. How we work non-based figures is that we just take a point off (for 28mm figures), so 4 points instead of 5.

      Delete
  5. I ended up voting for almost all of them as the standards this year were so high that narrowing it down to just a handful was impossible.

    I agree with Anne that this is a fantastic way of doing the Challengers' Choice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a quick query - does this mean that the Challengers' Choice and Peoples'Choice are combined in one vote and no longer separate?
      Mind you, I suppose that you do have a tally of how many nominations everybody received from their fellow Challengers which does allow for both categories still.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I've combined them together into one.

      Delete
  6. Plus one to all! I'm thankful I'm not the head judicial for this! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like having everyon's work to see before voting its amazing how early entries can slip your mind at the end of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blimey. And I thought the bonus rounds were hard enough to vote on. Amazing work people!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! Thank you to whoever nominated my body of work. That's really cool and unexpected.
    So hard to pick from that great bunch. So much good work was completed this challenge. I will still be looking over entries in future months. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many great entries! So many difficult choices!

    Great work from all the nominees!

    ReplyDelete