Tuesday 16 February 2016

From TeemuL - 28mm Some hobbits (10 points)

Lately my painting time has been decreasing, but as I had more painting time at the beginning of the Challenge, I'm still on target. It also helps that I thought to participate on 3-4 bonus rounds, but now it seems, that I will join all six of them.


These are from the same box as Tom and Goldberry, The Fog on the Barrow-downs and sculpted by the Perry twins. There are total of four of them, and I think there are two different sculpts. They won't see much of playing activity, I think...


In the box art they are quite white, but I wanted them to look a bit dirtier and tried a browner tone. A the moment I'm using Coat d'Arms Ink Wash Flesh as replacement of Flesh Wash. It's not the same, but much closer than Reikland Flesh Shade.


So there's Ushbati Bone, Ink Wash Flesh, drybrushed Ushbati Bone and a hint of drybrushed white to show that they are actually white and not brown. The basing is my usual LotR basing, not striking, but should go quite nice with my future board.


4 paralyzed hobbits, I think they are 10 points, because they are laying down.

P.S. I will paint the Barrow-wights from the box as well, but I don't think I can do that for the next week. I need to focus on my next bonus round entry and finish something easy and fast for the regular round.


Typical 'obbits. If they're not eating, they're sleeping!
Nice work on these Teemu :)

12 comments:

  1. Every good hobbit knows you need a nap between elevenses and lunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, but after being paralyzed for a while, they might be really hungry. :)

      Delete
  2. Looking forwards to the wights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your interest, but don't hold your breath. ;) The wights are in the pipeline, but there will be something else next week (no, not a King Tiger nor 3mm Napoleonics).

      Delete
  3. They have the right feel, well done

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look good, I am debating what to do them myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a bit tricky, because there are not that many possibilities. You don't them to have red robes for example. :)

      Delete