Monday 25 January 2016

Monday From PatG Curtgeld (20 points)

Well, I am admittedly stretching the theme of risk takers, daredevils and gamblers a bit. The figure does however have some personal significance. A while back I helped RAFM promote a VSF figure competition and they were kind enough to commission a sculpt of me in my steampunk outfit.

So I give you The Mechanic:





As with my other entry today, the photography was difficult and unforgiving. Given the season and the current inundation of snow on the east coast, I went with a snow theme.
 

Your own figure cast in your own likeness, how cool is that!  I like the mechanic and think that he'll make a find Curtgeld contribution.  Nice work on the snow, both on the base and the overcoat.  And I am sure that I have seen Curt in a waistcoat of that colour.

10 comments:

  1. Cool stuff - a figure of yourself! Nice painting and snow base.

    I'm sure Mr Snowlord will enjoy receiving him into his Curtgeld collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Pat! There can't be many people who have had themselves immortalised in miniature. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so neat that you have a figure sculpted as yourself. I like the way you did the snow on the jacket as well as on the ground. Nicely done sir!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, Pat! I'll echo the others as it is neat to have a mini made in your likeness! Snazzy snow effects too! Was this a self portrait after snow removal!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, like, I'm a recipient of a 'Pat'?!! As Pete says, how cool is that!! Thank you very much Pat, I'm a little speechless actually. I hope you have other castings of him. Is he now a part of the range?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a little bit jealous. What a great curtgeld to give a figure sculpted after yourself. That is very generous indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very chilly! How cool to have yourself in miniature!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a buzz, getting your own mini, nice work too

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's actually very cool on all fronts. Great Curtgeld.

    ReplyDelete