Thursday 14 January 2016

From StephenS - Rebel Saboteurs (10 points)

Two more models (and the last ones) for my Imperial Assault board game.


These guys are Rebel Saboteurs in the Star Wars universe, though I'm not sure how successfully bright turquoise aliens would be at sneaking around facilities belonging to the famously xenophobic Imperials...


I was originally just going to paint them up as a bright blue, but have copped a bit of good natured schtick from some of the playing group over my interpretation of the canon with some of my other colour schemes. So, I went out and bought a pot of the right coloured paint - I am a true believer!

All up that is a whopping 10 points!

Cheers,
Steve
I find it highly amusing that even in the Star Wars hobby community there are button counting uniform geeks, ready to call people out for having the wrong shade of brown on a bantha harness. Perhaps I should not be so surprised by that. Accurate or not colour-wise, you've done a wonderful job Steve and can add 10 points to your tally along with the warm glow of having finished a project. Nice one! Cheers, Millsy

17 comments:

  1. Good work. Looks really good. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly they are quieter than they look - nice bit of work there, Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve
    Well done on these technicolor aliens. Dont let those Phillistines crimp your artistic interpretations! Cheers Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rivet counters .... what are they good for?

    These look great to my eye and I have no problem sneaking around in turquoise it seems just the ticket to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work. Seems to me the turquoise would help them fit in...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice indeed, that game must look excellent

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work. I had to laugh at your comment about this poor fellow trying to 'sneak' in an Imperial installation. He doesn't exactly blend, does he!? Again, lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny, the right shade of alien flesh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They do match to see fellows from Mos Eisley now! Very fine work! My wife sees every Imperial Assault post...I wonder if she has gotten the hint yet!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very characterful, love these!

    ReplyDelete