Monday 25 January 2016

From MilesR: WW2 German Support Weapons (75 points)

 Next up are some support teams for my 28mm WW2 germans.  All the figures are Warlord metals and were of average quality - some of the older casts from the Bolt Action line are showing their age.

First up is an 81mm mortar team.  These are part of the German Pioneers that have been submitted a week or so earlier.

 Next up is the ubiquitous MG42 team - no German force should leave home without one.

Lastly, the Fallschirmjagers from last year get a little boost to their firepower with the addition of a 105MM LG40/1 recoilless artillery piece.

This submission has a total of 9 figures and three artillery pieces.  Two of the weapons are on the smallish side so I suggest only 5 pointe for the mortar and machine gun and the normal 10 for the recoils cannon.  65 points in total, if you're OK with the scoring.



Miles to me a crew served weapon rates 10points no matter how big, so I've upped your score to 75 points.  Also let me say how much I appreciate seeing the close ups on your terrain boards - they show your figures nicely.  The poses are rather hunched over but the little vignettes work well.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice, I've never liked bolt action rules but they do have great figrues. Great work on the bases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never have enough support. I do like how you used removable figures. Very clever

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, really like your boards as well. Must improve mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job. I also like the removable figures, very easy to keep track of casualties that way. But I am equally sure you do not get many casualties!!! (But useful for players like me)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Miles - the Jonas effect has been beneficial to your output :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am a fan of the removable crew. Lovely grouping of support weapons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the removable crews are a good idea as well. It give you versatility. Also they look great photographed this way as teams.

    Another nice one from you today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're really moving now Miles. Glad I didn't take you on this year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got to have some support and a very nice job you have done as well

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  10. The group basing works well for these.

    ReplyDelete