Thursday 28 January 2016

From Barks - WW1 German Artillery (12 points)

Just a quickie this week as my time was taken up with CanCon 2016 and the Antipodean Bloggers Meet-Up!




This is a 10.5cm FH 98/09 from Plastic Soldier Company for their Great War range. I've based it on a Battlefront base and used some Vallejo Dark Earth paste for basing, which I much prefer to my previous WW1 entry basing efforts.

P.S. My Halflings from last week were really fun to play with, coming 28th of 36 in the Blood Bowl tournament with a 1:3:4 W:D:L record!
She might be small but she's a beaut Barks. There's loads of detail in the gun and the crew are just marvellous. I like the paste over the Battlefront base - you'd hardly know that's what it was. Great texture too, looks just like horrible Flanders mud! 12 points for your total... Cheers, Millsy.
PS. Great to meet you and congrats on the result with the 'flings. They take a lot to master from what I've seen so that's an outstanding first effort.

42 comments:

  1. Nice artillery but more importantly an honourable performance by the halflings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice piece Barks! :)

    Congrats on the result :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice piece - always good to see something a little different. Excellent work on getting a win with the halflings too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so close to getting a second win...

      Delete
  4. Hard to believe this in not 20mm or 28mm. It is splendid.

    Congrats to the halflings but one has to ask which team did they beat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Clint!

      (I beat another Halfling team... but I had a dwarven team over the ropes until they equalised on the last turn!)

      Delete
  5. Very nice job. It was very nice to meet you briefly at Cancon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise! I'm planning to get some gaming on with Ian later this year.

      Delete
  6. Very nice job. It was very nice to meet you briefly at Cancon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Lovely work on this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barks you need to spell out clearly that this is a 15mm piece, I only realized it wasn't 28mm until I read the comments. It's that good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Cheers, Dave, I'm going to have more of them later (maybe after the challenge? We'll see.)

      Delete
  10. Great artillery piece, and 3 draws with a Halfling team is a win in my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sean! I've put up a report of the Halflings' outing: http://wargamingwithbarks.blogspot.com.au/2016/01/cancon-2016-halflings-play-blood-bowl.html

      Delete
  11. Lovely bit of artillery. Always good to see the bug guns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the Great War without the arty!

      Delete
  12. Love that artillery and a nice job with the basing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne, I'm quite happy with the basing compared to my previous WW1 entries.

      Delete
  13. Beautiful stuff. I really like the spartan, muddy groundwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to go the whole hog like Mr Roundwood but can't justify the time and effort yet...

      Delete
  14. Great job Barks - anyone who can make PSC infantry in that scale look that nice should be pleased...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the figures; I haven't seen any of their other ranges.

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Thanks! There will be more before the end...

      Delete
  16. The muddy base does look very good, and I really enjoy the level of detail you get on those troops!
    Congrats to your halfling team on the win too!

    ReplyDelete