Thursday 12 February 2015

From MarkO - Last of the Perry Plastic Austrians (130 points)

I've finally finished all my Perry plastic Austrian Infantry! These were the last figures I had remaining. I decided to go with helmets again, making some extra bases so my helmeted Austrian regiments could be fielded as 48's or two 24's. I also made two single based Sappers, adding Victrix Plastic Grenadier heads to the Perry Sapper bodies. These Sappers have a role in the Lasalle rules.





Three and a half months ago my Austrians looked like the picture below - now they are all painted (except six metal casualty figures)! Some sort of personal record for me. Thanks to the painting Challenge for the extra spur to motivation! Looking at my own blog, I see my my first grumbling post on assembling these was on October 29th 2014. :)


Of course this is not nearly enough, and more Austrians I purchased after this lot are already in production  - they can be seen lurking in the background of the first pics in this post! Paint paint paint...


From Curt:

Awesome work Mark! These 'last' two battalions are brilliant (as always, love the helmets) and will be great additions to your fine collection. (I like that Lasalle has rules for Sappers so you can make use of the figures.) 

That last pic you provided is off the hook.  I'm always delighted when I see the Challenge coming through as it was designed - a blast furnace of industry!   

15 comments:

  1. erstaunlich and with white paint. Proper job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work - what are you going to do with all those empty Parry boxes? I use 'em for storing spare parts and things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a truly amazing achievement to have got so much painted up so quickly and to such a high standard.

    But really, after all your massive point bombs, a mere 130 points worth is totally unacceptable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning. They really will look great on the table. Signed "Mr Jealous"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive work Mark! That's a helluva lot of painting to be done in such a short time period! Hats off to you mate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's quite a lead/plastic mountain scaled...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Mark, I bet the army looks fantastic on the tabletop. Looking forward to more of your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just fantastic, what a superb output of great work

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful work, Mark! Wish I could crank out big batches of figures like that, AND have them look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work and lovely painting. I can second Curt's statement, nothing like seeing boxes converted to armies

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are a lot of white uniformed Austrian in those boxes! Great painting work, really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, congratulations! Nothing quite like converting a huge unpainted pile into a lovely army.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many thanks all!

    Miles yes I use some of the boxes for parts, but I've chucked out many more! :)

    And agreed Tamsin, pretty small effort this time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a whole load of Austrians completed.. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Mark - I missed this while I was away, but that is a fine looking bunch of Austrians - lovely!

    ReplyDelete