Saturday 10 January 2015

From TeemuL - More Old Skool Goblins (20 Points)

Four more goblin arrers, again with similar paintjob and with unique hats/hoods. That's seven in total and I still have two more, which I just bought, but even nine is maybe too little for a valid unit. Like Curt noted in the previous post, they are not aiming at the enemy, they are diagonally based. But that just means that they are taking care of the wind.

Bright yellow one looks quite good, the yellow triangles over black trim on red hood is quite striking as well.


And then the two with check patterns, I don't think I can get more classic than that, can I? I never managed to get them right in the 1980s and decided to give a try now. The red hood was first one, it was not so good, but I got it better second time on the black hood. It is not perfect by any means, but looks good at least from certain angle.


Four 28mm models gives me another 20 points. Like I said, I still have two unpainted more, I'll try to paint them during this challenge, but I need to paint something else for a while.

From Curt:

They're taking account for the wind? Riiight, of course... :)

Teemu, this project of your gets better and better! I love the black and white cheque pattern - can't get more late 80s than that! Wonderful.



15 comments:

  1. Old Skool is the best school! Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another blast from the past - thanks Teemu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps they shoot like I golf. Before I gave up on the game I started addressing the ball at 45 degree angle to account for my wicked slice. Of course when I did that I hit it dead straight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fact you stay true to the old-skool basing with these. They're every bit as good as your previous one. Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making me feel you again and Love the hats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look every bit of the 80's, Teemu! I think we should blame the checker board on the 'Vans'...I did have the black and white ones in the day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am getting more and more convinced that "oldhammer" is the way to go. These are the perfect mix of colours and styles for that project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! The black and white check patterns are a really nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really getting to like these more and more as you do them.

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's great to see more of these fierce little guys. I'd love to see a whole Ork Horde done in this retro manner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some more nicely done 'Oldhammer' Gobbos. Great use of the checkerboard too. Really enjoying these posts of yours. Please keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete