Saturday 27 December 2014

From TeemuL - 28mm Classic Orc Arrers Boyz (20 Points)

Not really a point bomb, but multiple figures anyway. 4 classic Orc Arrer Boyz painted with classic theme. I don't have enough Blood Red to paint the bows and clothes in the original colors, but Evil Sunz Scarlet over Mephiston Red seems to quite okey. The skin is Goblin Green as well as the classic base. The feathers of the arrows are left Mephiston Red to give a little bit variety.


One thing that worries me, is that I probably used more time on each of these than for example the Frodo or the Gollum. Yeah, painting rank-and-file troops is fast...


Here is comparison between the brand new Orcs and about 20 years old Orc. Well, I do make the bases nowadays and I don't paint the skulls white, but otherwise it looks quite the same. Little bit neater, except the teeth.


I managed to finish these four this time, there's more to come!

4 28mm figures should give me whopping 20 points!

From Curt:
More classic GW Orks! Wonderful stuff. I love the yellow teeth and the red bows - very cool. What other units will we be seeing during the Challenge Teemu?

17 comments:

  1. I like your bright palette. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you all! @Curt, there will be more of these Arrers, then some Goblin Arrers and regular Orc Boyz with Bosses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving all the oldhammer stuff I see in the challenge and these are no exception.

    Wonder if Curt will do an "Oldhammer" bonus round next year? (Hope so)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will there be any Oldhammer figs out there by that time? Looks like this year's Challengers have cornered the market!
      ; )

      Delete
  4. Wow, I remember I had some of these models when I first began playing :)

    It's always a pleasure to see the Old School GW miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green edged bases, check; hmmm, the flocking isn't quite sawdusty enough though... Nice bright colours though, so this gets a 9.9 out of 10 from me! Real Old Skool goodness!

    Keep 'em coming, Teemu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I never used sawdust myself, so the bases are little bit modern... :) Sand does not suck so much paint as sawdust. ;)

      Delete
  6. Now tjese are really old skool ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant color matching! Mine are still undercoated white! I stopped using white last century....till I did the Nappy Brit infantry in white cuz I thought it would be easier....easier, Ha!
    These orksies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These made my day Teemu. I love seeing people replicate the old style paint jobs, especially right down to the base. Keep going, I want to see the whole unit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That certainly is an old school style and it takes me back. Nice post. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. A true trip down memory lane...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Orks in Christmas colours - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I forgot to say great job on these. You matched the original very well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A true blast from the past! I was just remembering the other day about how the first Warhammer Painting Guide I read recommended using sand painted green for the bases--you hit all the points. :D

    ReplyDelete