Monday 22 December 2014

From AdamC - 15mm WWII Panzergrenadiers for Flames of War (132 Points)

So these guys are part of that self same set of miniatures I got from Battlefront as part of the Ranger program.  In this case I did get enough men for a Panzergrendier or Grenadier company of two platoons.  In fact I had enough officers to do the company commander and 2ic stands with and with out Panzerfausts which is handy when one gets in a pinch with points.



 There are a total of 67 figures here (no I didn't make an error on the points I will explain.



The 2iC with Panzerfaust option... I like this aggressive take on the allies all by myself stance.  2iCs often get killed early in local games...



 Same fellow but this time without the tank killing device.



 While the sergeant directs traffic the private with the faust takes it easy...



OK the man in the centre is my Co with out panzerfaust option but I painted him a few weeks ago he matched up nicely but since he was painted before the Challenge he doesn't count.



I love this officer... clearly things have gone horribly wrong and he his cocking his pistol so he and couple of loyal troops can set everything right, or at least die in the attempt.



 Every one but the officers is wearing smocks I tried to do a camo pattern.



 Some times I think it worked out reasonably well in other cases it didn't.


 I tried to add a little color to the derbies it blue window frame and green bottle do stand out.

 The camo here is very clear... the men going Rambo with the MG42 fired from the hip are among my favorites.



Another good look at the camo also a great photo for highlighting every thing wrong with these bases (and the painter may be partly to blame).



 These Cobble stone bases one the other hand are great I would buy set containing just these any day.



 Battlefront didn't give me enough bases so I built some of my own... I tried to make them look similar to the rest of the company but...



 you can only do so much with  a plain base I did try using the left over hole filler pieces to add help them match and I think it worked OK.



 Rear view shot I do like the cobble stone bases... wish the set had more of those.


From Curt:
You have been busy! Great work Adam, I really like your dot pattern camo and again your own bases look the best of the lot. (That officer cocking his Luger looks to be a hard, hard man...) 
At 132 points this one is a bit of a points bomb and you've more than doubled your previous score - Well done Adam!

18 comments:

  1. Thank you Curt I agree the officer does look like a hard, hard man. One of the photos looks to be missing I will see if I can fix that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK the missing picture with cobble stone bases (the best of the Battle Front bunch) has been added.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just hate it when your wife leaves herself logged in?!?!

      Nice work Adam. FWIW I think your bases are better than the BF ones. On yours you can't see the ring where the mini finishes and the base begins!

      Delete
    2. I liked her comment better than yours... ;)

      Delete
    3. Millsy's weekend alter ego... we believe him..

      Delete
  3. Love the camo work, very effective

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see a large 15mm WW2 force. Well done on the bases and camo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, nice work on that camo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats a lot of work...well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been really busy! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy! You've captured the urban combat / ruins look nicely with the bases and the figures paint colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the camouflage it does work very well for the scale and your cobblestone bases are very nice! I prefer them to the factory ones.

    ReplyDelete